3 Tbsp ground sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- In a large bowl, blend sugars with an electric mixer set at medium speed.
- Add the butter, and mix to form a grainy paste.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the eggs and vanilla. Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed until just combined.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar topping.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart, then bake for 18-20 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies to a cool, flat surface.
About 3 dozen cookies
Debbie Fields, Mrs. Fields Cookie Book. (Alexandria, VA: Time Life Books, 1992), 50.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2000 Rebecca J. Stevenson