After marinating for four hours, it was the most tender steak I've ever had. I only used 1/4 of the oil they call for.
6 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp oriental sesame oil
1 Tbsp chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 cup chopped green onions
1 1/2 pound top sirloin steak, about 1 inch thick
- Blend first five ingredients in processor until almost smooth. Pour into a 13x9x2-inch glass dish. Mix green onions into marinade. Add steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day, turning steak occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Pour marinade into small sauce pan and bring to a boil, then pour into small bowl.
- Grill steak to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to cutting board. Cut cross-wise on diagonal into thin slices.
- Serve with marinade as sauce.
Jamie Elizabeth Flick, published in the "Too Busy to Cook?" column of Bon Appetit, August 2000.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2000 Rebecca J. Stevenson