One thing unemployment does provide is plenty of time for making dishes that require lengthy preparation periods, if marinating something for a few hours counts as preparation. I didn't have any juniper berries, didn't miss them.
1 c dry red wine
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 tsp juniper berries
4 1 1/4-inch-thick center-cut pork chops, about 11 ounces each
- Whisk everything except the pork chops together in a bowl to blend. Pour mixture into a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Add pork chops to dish, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler (medium heat).
- Remove chops from marinade.
- Pour marinade into a large saucepan and boil 1 minute.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side (internal temperature 155°F), brushing occasionally with marinade.
Bon Appetit, issue unknown
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2001 Rebecca J. Stevenson