Requires 30 minutes marination. Elegant and very tasty.
1 Tbsp julienned fresh ginger
1 Tbsp sliced green onion
4 minced garlic cloves
20 sea scallops (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
1/2 c vodka
1/4 c vermouth
1 tsp margarine or butter
1 tsp grated orange rind
1/3 c orange juice
1 1/2 lbs. chopped fresh spinach (I prefer baby spinach, but whatever)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
cooking spray (or olive oil, if you're me and you think calorie-watching can be taken too far)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place scallops in a dish. Add vodka, vermouth, and half of the ginger mixture. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt the margarine over high heat. Add remaining ginger mixture and sauté 30 seconds. Add rind and juice and bring to a boil.
- Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove and keep warm.
- Remove scallops from marinade (reserve marinade). Coat a skillet with cooking spray and place over high heat. Add scallops and cook, turning, until golden brown. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add reserved marinade to skillet. Boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, about five minutes.
- Arrange scallops over spinach and drizzle with sauce.
Cooking Light, issue unknown
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2003 Rebecca J. Stevenson