Great way to get your friends to eat their vegetables. Green beans can be prepared the same way if there is no asparagus available.
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
4 tsp sesame seeds
- Stir soy sauce and sugar in small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet or wok.
- Add garlic and stir 15 seconds
- Add asparagus and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. (Other vegetables may take longer.)
- Add soy mixture and toss until asparagus is coated, about 1 minute longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowl, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.
Bon Appetit, issue unknown
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2001 Rebecca J. Stevenson