1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter two large baking sheets.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add sugar, water, salt, and spices; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add nuts to sugar mixture and cook until syrup lightly coats nuts, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer nuts to baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool.
Can be prepared up to three days before serving. Store airtight at room temperature. Makes about 4 cups.
Originally found in Bon Appetit, issue unknown
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2000 Rebecca J. Stevenson