1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 whole-wheat flour
1/3 c sugar
1/4 brown sugar, packed
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted (if you can't find these, don't worry... I couldn't)
1/3 c coarsely chopped walnuts, lightly toasted (if you forget to toast them, don't worry... I did)
1 1/4 c canned pure pumpkin
1 c whole milk
2 large eggs
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 15 standard muffin cups with nonstick spray (yes, even if they're nonstick pans).
- Whisk flour through salt in a large bowl to blend, and stir in half the pumpkin seeds and half the walnuts.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in a medium bowl to blend.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir until just incorporated.
- Spoon 1/4 c batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with remaining seeds and nuts.
- Bake until muffins are golden and tester comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Turn muffins out onto a rack and cool.
Bon Appetit, November 2002, p 120.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2002 Rebecca J. Stevenson