The first time I made these, I managed to forget the baking powder; needless to say, that was not a success. But I persevered, and on the second try they turned out pretty well (at least, Dave had three, so I figure he liked them). I took some in to work and they disappeared quickly there as well. No one seemed to guess that they're low-fat.
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 6-oz container vanilla fat-free yogurt
1/4 c butter, melted
3 Tbsp low-fat milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 c strawberry jam
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine flour through salt in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in the center.
- Combine yogurt through egg in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring gently until just moist.
- Place 12 foil cup liners in muffin cups. Spoon 1 Tbsp batter into each, top with 1 tsp jam, then divide remaining batter among cups. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops spring back a bit when touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
Cooking Light. Only 165 calories apiece!
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2004 Rebecca J. Stevenson