3/4 c sugar
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 oz. premium white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sugar through eggs in a large bowl and beat until well-blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk together, then gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until well-blended.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- This is the hard part. The dough is very wet and sticky, and you must somehow form it into 2 12-inch rolls on the baking sheet, then flatten them to 2 1/2 inches wide. Feel free to swear. Believe it or not, they do become sort of loaf-shaped while they bake.
- Bake 35 minutes, then remove from sheets and cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Leave the oven at 300F.
- Cut the rolls diagonally into 24 slices, about 1/2 inch wide. Place the slices, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, turn over, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.
Only 55 calories per slice!
Cooking Light, issue unknown.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2002 Rebecca J. Stevenson