2 c wild rice (about 12 ounces)
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 c chopped leek, white and pale green parts only
6 ounces smoke sausage such as kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 10-ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 cup converted white rice
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 sprigs of Italian parsley plus 1/4 cup chopped
3/4 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Cook wild rice in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for ten minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add leeks and sausage; sauté until leeks are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add corn; sauté 1 minute.
- Add wild rice, white rice, thyme, parsley sprigs, salt, and broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Serves 10 generously
Bon Appetit, November 2000, p. 198
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2001 Rebecca J. Stevenson